BREWDOG GAINS A NEW SEAT OF LEARNING WITH CAMBRIDGE BAR OPENING
Independent Scottish craft brewer BrewDog is heading to one of the UK’s most historic cities and centres of learning with the opening of their 94th bar. Cambridge will play host to the trailblazing craft brewery’s latest opening, with a bar situated on the bustling Bene’t Street, a short walk from the many Colleges that comprise the world-famous University. With an amazing range on tap alongside canned and bottled beers to sit in or takeaway, BrewDog are determined to bring their knowledge of craft beer to a city long renowned for studying of a different kind.
- The newest UK BrewDog Bar will have a cutting-edge range of 25 draft beers pouring at any one time, an amazing addition to the beer scene in Cambridge. It will also stock a range of beers to take away, perfect for those who want to relax with a drink at the riverside nearby.
- BrewDog Cambridge will also feature BrewDog OverWorks sour and wild range and spirits from the BrewDog Distilling Co.
- Those needing to fuel up for a day’s study or exploration in Cambridge can do so thanks to the bar’s menu of legendary burgers, salads and buffalo wings, including firm favourites such as the loaded Jackpot burger and the vegan-friendly BBQ Hail Seitan burger.
- Anyone looking for a weekend treat can try out BrewDog’s brunch with a twist. Brunch will be served on Saturdays and Sundays from 10am and includes menu items such as Fried Chicken & Waffles or Pickle-spiced Bloody Marys.
- The Bar officially opens at 12:00pm on Friday 30th August and can be found at 15 Bene’t Street, Cambridge CB2 3QN.
- To celebrate the opening the first 100 customers through the doors will be in with the chance of winning incredible prizes including a year’s supply of beer, a trip to the BrewDog brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire and tickets to the Bar’s Beer Schools.
- The launch of BrewDog Cambridge will see the company’s 94th bar arrive since it began brewing in 2007, and since the first bar opened in Aberdeen in 2010.
- BrewDog has remained a beacon for independence, quality and service to customers in the UK and around the world – the perfect destination for anyone who would like to discover more about craft beer.
- For more information and to book a table at BrewDog Cambridge, please visit: www.brewdog.com/
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, said:
“Cambridge is a city like few others and we can’t wait to open up there and give the people what they want – great beer, great food and a place to call their second home. The people of Cambridge have always lived surrounded by history and seats of learning, and we want nothing less than to add to that with our new bar – making it a centre for learning about and discovering new craft beers.
We have wanted to open a BrewDog Bar in Cambridge for some time, and are proud that we can finally do so for the city. The fact that we are edging ever closer to 100 bars is unreal, given what we started with, and only nine years on from opening our first bar in Aberdeen. We have learned a lot along the way, which is fitting given that we are now arriving in a part of the world famous for studying, learning and working hard. And now; beer.”