BREWDOG HEADS TO THE EMERALD ISLE WITH OUTPOST DUBLIN BREWPUB
BrewDog Outpost Dublin in Capitol Docks
- Independent Scottish craft brewer BrewDog is ensuring that the last Friday the thirteenth of the year will be the luckiest yet for Dubliners, by throwing open the doors to an incredible brewpub and bringing super-fresh craft beer to the capital of the Irish Republic.
- BrewDog have been on a quest to open in Dublin for over 4 years, finally locating the perfect spot in Capitol Dock for its expansive brewpub complete with an on-site microbrewery, Olympic-sized shuffleboards, huge outside terrace and heated roof garden. When the bar opens this Friday, BrewDog Outpost Dublin will become the groups 100th site with locations spanning the globe as far afield as Brisbane, Tokyo, Cincinnati and Berlin.
- As Dubliners are well known for their love of Guinness, BrewDog is ensuring that locals’ can still get their dark beer fix. Anyone who asks for a ‘Guinness’ throughout the remainder of December will unlock a free pint of the brewery’s own Jet Black Heart oatmeal stout. As a community owned business, part-owned by over 120,000 crowdfunded investors, BrewDog champions craft brewers and distillers throughout their global bar network, taking a stand by supporting independence.
- BrewDog’s latest Outpost brewpub will open up in the heart of Dublin’s reinvented Docklands area, on the ground floor of the Capital Dock Building (DO2 RK57). Overlooking the iconic River Liffey, the bar is a short walk from Grand Canal Dock railway station, one stop before Lansdowne Road and the national stadium.
- BrewDog Outpost Dublin will feature a 5HL brew kit and will treat locals to exclusive beers brewed on site. Two bars each rocking 30 taps means there will be plenty of opportunities to pour the beer brewed on site alongside brews from BrewDog's eco-brewery in Aberdeenshire and amazing beers from guest brewers near and far.
- Craft beer aficionados will also be able to get their hands on a range of cutting-edge releases from the surging craft beer scene in Ireland, as well as the UK and from around the world! They’ll be able to discover the latest sour and wild ales from BrewDog OverWorks, spirits from the BrewDog Distilling Company and cider from Hawkes of London.
- Customers with an appetite can fuel up on an extensive food menu of the brewery’s legendary burgers, pizzas, salads and Buffalo wings, including firm favourites such as the Cluck Norris buttermilk fried chicken burger and vegan-friendly Beyond Meat burger. Those after a pick-me-up can bag coffee made from beans roasted at their brewery in Ellon.
- The Outpost in Dublin is BrewDog’s fourth, following similar large-scale brewpubs opening in London, Seoul and Manchester.
- BrewDog Outpost Dublin opens officially at 12:00pm on Friday 13th December and the first 100 customers through the doors will be in with the chance of winning incredible prizes including a year’s supply of beer, a trip to the BrewDog brewery in Scotland and tickets to the bar’s Beer Schools.
- For more information and to book a table at BrewDog Outpost Dublin, please visit: www.brewdog.com/outpost-dublin
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, said:
“BrewDog Outpost Dublin has been a long time coming, we first wanted to open a BrewDog Bar in Dublin over 4 years ago. In the spirit of good things coming to those who wait, we are pushing the boat out and opening only our fourth ever Outpost Brewpub for the people of Ireland. Dublin is one of Europe’s most historic brewing cities so we can’t wait to arrive there and begin some brewing of our own. As well as our own craft beer and those we love from across Ireland, we are going to cook up a series of exclusive beers to bolster one of the most exciting craft beer scenes in Europe. So although Dublin has been on our list of cities for years, we are finally ticking it off in the biggest way possible – and all wrapped up in time for Christmas. Dublin, your early present is ready to open.”
About BrewDog PLC
- Since 2007 BrewDog has been on a mission to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. From the Headliner series, which includes bold, uncompromising pack leaders like the flagship Punk IPA, to the Amplified range (beer, but turned up to 11), BrewDog brews beer that blows people’s minds and has kick-started a revolution.
- Cofounders James Watt and Martin Dickie shook up the business world in 2010 with the launch of pioneering crowdfunding initiative Equity for Punks, an initiative that has seen the company raise £74m over six rounds, with their latest round open until April 2020. The funds and the army of punk shareholders (125,000) has enabled the Scottish craft brewery to scale up without selling out.
- Now with 100 bars across the globe, export into over 60 countries, and breweries in Ellon Scotland, Columbus Ohio, Berlin Germany and Brisbane Australia, BrewDog continues to take the craft beer revolution stratospheric, whilst continuing to push the boundaries, invest in people, put the beer first, and champion other small breweries in its venues.
For more information, please contact: email@example.com 01358 724924