Business For Punks: Break All the Rules—the BrewDog Way
Launching Business for Punks
DON’T WASTE YOUR TIME ON BULLSHIT BUSINESS PLANS. FORGET SALES. IGNORE ADVICE. PUT EVERYTHING ON THE LINE FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN.
These mantras have turned UK-based BrewDog into one of the world’s fastest-growing drinks brands in the world, famous for their beers, bars, unorthodox PR stunts, and crowdfunding through its own “Equity for Punks” platform.
- James Watt, co-founder of BrewDog and cohost of EsquireTV's BREWDOGS has catalyzed the craft beer movement, rewritten the record books and inadvertently forged a whole new approach to business.
- BUSINESS FOR PUNKS: Break All the Rules—the BrewDog Way (Portfolio; 2/23/16) bottles the essence of BrewDog’s successful methods in an accessible, honest manifesto.
- The blueprint for the 21st century entrepreneur, Watt dares readers to start a revolution with their business. Among his unorthodox business philosophies:
Don't start a business, start a crusade. It's not enough just to start a business. You need a clear purpose, a mission and a reason for existing. Revolutions never die. So start a revolution, not a business.
- Business for Punks rethinks conventional business wisdom so you can go beyond the norm. From finances to marketing this is an anarchic, indispensable guide to thriving on your own terms.
- James Watt, captain & co-founder of BrewDog, the fastest growing food and drinks manufacturer in the UK, was a fully qualified deep sea captain, having earlier completed an honors degree in Law & Economics. He traded in being a salty sea dog to start BrewDog in 2007, along with Martin Dickie.
- He was awarded Great British Entrepreneur of the Year in 2014 for his unconventional business approach. Along with Martin, James hosts the reality TV show Brew Dogs on Esquire Network, which airs in seven countries.