BREWDOG EMBRACES CRYPTOCURRENCY PAYMENT; ANNOUNCES MORE TIME TO INVEST IN EQUITY FOR PUNKS
4th JULY 2019: The community of BrewDog shareholders has risen to over 113,000 during this latest round of Equity for Punks, and to give more people a chance to join them the craft brewer has announced today an extension to their ground-breaking share offer. Originally slated to close on Friday 5th July, Equity for Punks will now be extended until April 2020.
- To celebrate this milestone, BrewDog have unveiled a new way to invest – via Cryptocurrency. The natural next step for the brewery is to accept ten different blockchain currencies (Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, Bitcoin SV, Ethereum, Litecoin, OmiseGO, Qtum, Augur, Ripple and 0x). Investors can now buy shares online through these currencies as a payment option on the application form.
- BrewDog started out as an alternative to the status quo; to challenge perceptions and revolutionise their industry. The developers, miners and users of cryptocurrency, are exactly the same. Joining forces to link the old and new financial systems is a natural fit.
- Equity Punk investors who purchase shares via cryptocurrency in this round will have access to 6 cans of a special craft beer - Cryptonite West Coast IPA - at the end of the raise as an additional benefit.
- This latest share offer has welcomed over 15,000 new Equity Punks into the now 113,000+ strong global community; a community from whom we’ve raised over £70.8m in total investments to date. Shares in BrewDog cost £25 each and can be purchased through BrewDog’s website or via a paper application form.
- BrewDog has a crew of over 1,500 employees, 80 locations worldwide with two world-class breweries in Ellon, Scotland and Columbus, Ohio that export to 60 markets globally. The incredible support received from its community of shareholders has enabled BrewDog to grow from two men and a dog into a business that in 2018 was named in the Sunday Times Fast Track 100 for the seventh consecutive year.
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, commented:“Our Equity Punks are our community, our shareholders and our friends and the driving force behind our business. The growth BrewDog has shown over the last decade could only have been achieved with their encouragement and support and together we have shown the city slickers what can be achieved with taking charge of something you believe in. Cryptocurrency is exactly the same. If you embrace change to subvert the mainstream we are in your corner; whether your weapons of choice are malt, hops, yeast and water or blockchain.”