BrewDog unleashes its first bond offer with interest payable in both cash and craft beer.
Scottish independent craft brewer, BrewDog, has launched a bond offer on the industry-leading platform, Crowdcube.com, opening up its community to more people who love great beer. A previous BrewDog bond hosted by the platform achieved its ambitious goal of £10million in a record 24 days.
- BrewDog’s latest raise on Crowdcube opens today and features a unique method for compensating those who take out a Bond, via a fixed interest rate of 6% p.a. gross, across 4 years, paid out 3% in cash and 3% in beer. Interest payments will be made twice a year and the beer component can be redeemed via BrewDog’s online shop at brewdog.com, via BrewDog’s 90+ UK bars or both.
- The independent brewery, which BrandZ* named in 2018 as the UK’s most valuable beer brand, is seeking to raise funds in order to continue its record-breaking growth. BrewDog is currently the #1 craft brewery in Europe, but holds the ambition to become the biggest in the world, and money raised via the new BrewDog Bond will help propel projects with the goal of achieving this target. Such projects include expansion into India, with plans to open a bar in Mumbai, India that will set the company on its way to surpassing the 100-venue mark, as well as putting the finishing touches on its new brewery in Australia.
- Each BrewDog Bond will cost £500, and in addition to the interest rate, each BrewDog Bondholder will receive £20 BrewBucks to spend in the company’s 90+ bars and venues worldwide, a free copy of BrewDog’s book ”Craft Beer for the People”, as well as a free beer on their birthday for every year they are a bondholder.
- The BrewDog Bond is live now on Crowdcube.com. Crowdcube was named the top UK investor in 2018 by industry analysts Beauhurst** in their Equity Investment report ‘The Deal’.
- BrewDog employs over 1,500 people in over 90 locations worldwide, with three world-class breweries in Ellon, Scotland, Berlin, Germany and Columbus, Ohio, which collectively export to over 60 markets globally. The company’s fourth brewery is set to open in Brisbane, Australia before the end of 2019. BrewDog has pioneered new ways in which to support and invest in its business – from record-breaking equity crowdfunding raises, to embracing payments via cryptocurrency, to these unique Bonds.
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, commented:
“The growth BrewDog has shown over the last 12 years could not have been achieved without the support of our amazing community and our friends, and we love the fact that Crowdcube understands and shares the same philosophy. The BrewDog Bond is another way for people to get involved in our future as one of the UK’s leading brands, and we won’t stop until we become the number 1 craft brewery. Globally. And in terms of that goal – we’re just getting started.”
* BrandZ top 75 UK brands 2018 report: http://online.pubhtml5.com/bydd/iyid
** Beauhurst report available from: https://www.crowdcube.com/explore/blog/crowdcube/crowdcube-named-top-uk-investor-in-2018
Financial promotion approved by SPNV Limited (FCA No. 610217). Remember, investments can go down as well as up and invested capital is at risk. BrewDog bonds are unsecured, illiquid investments and not suitable for all investors. Investors should seek their own financial and tax advice before investing and never invest more than they can afford. Ensure you read the full Key Risks and terms and conditions on www.crowdcube.com/brewdogbond before investing.