ALCOHOL FREE BEER JUST GOT PUNKED UP. THIS IS PUNK AF.
London 9th May 2019 – BrewDog has launched Punk AF, a bold take on the BrewDog classic Punk IPA that changed the face of craft beer across the globe. Punk AF delivers all the attitude and flavour of the flagship Punk IPA – but none of the alcohol.
- Punk AF marks the next step on BrewDog’s low alcohol beer journey. The 0.5% ABV IPA follows Nanny State, launched back in 2009.
- Following the backlash for creating Britain’s strongest beer, the brewer released Nanny State in a stinging riposte to its critics.
- The focus is on flavour rather than alcoholic strength, and Nanny State has now become BrewDog’s fourth biggest product in the UK off-trade, contributing to 5.7% of the total portfolio, and delivering +38.7% value growth year on year.
- Inspired by the bold taste of its iconic Punk IPA, BrewDog has ensured Punk AF remains big on flavour.
- Juicy tropical fruit mixes it up with grassy and pine notes, all sitting on a solid malt bassline.
- This punchy flavour explosion subverts expectations around what an alcohol free beer can offer. Punk AF is big on flavour, but low on compromise.
- Reinventing BrewDog’s holy grail of craft beer begins a new chapter in its quest for craft beer perfection in the low alcohol category.
- Craft beer drinkers can get their hands on Punk AF in BrewDog bars, online and in various on and off trade UK accounts.
- Both 300ml cans and bottles will be available to buy from 9th May 2019, Nanny State is also available to buy online, in BrewDog bars, and in Tesco stores nationwide.
- For more information, please visit: https://www.brewdog.com/
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog said: “Punk IPA is the beer that kick-started a revolution. With the creation of Punk AF, we’re continuing to push our limits and expand the possibility of what craft beer can be. We’re tearing down the image of alcohol free beer as weak and flavourless. Say hello to the Punkest new beer in town.”