BREWDOG DECLARES A ‘PUNK STATE’ ACROSS EUROPE
BrewDog is bringing the craft beer revolution to the streets, declaring a ‘Punk State’ across Europe. The mission will build off the success of the independent craft brewery’s Punk State activations in 2018, which achieved a reach of nearly a million on social media and saw 23,000 cans of the brewery’s flagship beer, Punk IPA, given away. This year will be bigger and better than ever, as the campaign expands to 16 cities across the continent.
- The purpose-built Punk State truck will rock up in the dead of night whilst the unsuspecting public is sound asleep to set up shop. By morning the operation will be ready to roll, with seating for consumers and an undercover bar.
- Throughout the next few months BrewDog will distrupt urban areas in locations such as Barcelona, Milan and Hamburg, putting the game-changing Punk IPA into the hands of the people.
- Visitors to Punk State will receive a BrewDog passport on arrival, which once stamped, will entitle them to a free Punk IPA.
- In the UK, these passports will contain a coupon for an additional free pint of Punk IPA in partner pubs and bars nearby, a money-off token for Tesco, the location of each city’s “State Takeover” – the official Punk State afterparty – as well as of lots of information about the history of the brand since it’s inception in 2007.
- In Barcelona, Milan and Hamburg, the passports will also contain key information about the benefits of becoming an Equity Punk investor. New investors will join a community nearly 107,000 strong, and will have the chance to enter a competition to win a whopping £1,000,000 worth of BrewDog shares.
- Punk State kicks off on the 31st May in Barcelona and will be running for four months with the last event happening on the 20th September in Bristol.
- BrewDog’s State within a State will also man the barricades in the following cities:
- 31st May – 1st June | La Maquinista, Barcelona
- 4th – 5th June | Politecnico di Milano, Milan
- 14th – 15th June | Rindermarkthalle, Hamburg
- 22nd – 23rd June | Spinningfields, Manchester
- 28th – 29th June | St Peter’s Square, Leicester
- 5th – 6th July | Paradise Place, Liverpool
- 12th – 13th July | The Hayes, Cardiff
- 19th – 20th July | Bargate, Southampton
- 26th – 27th July | Location TBC, Brighton
- 2nd – 3rd August | Castle Street, Edinburgh
- 9th – 10th August | Civic Square, Aberdeen
- 16th – 17th August | Smithy Row, Nottingham
- 23rd – 24th August | The Orcle, Reading
- 30th – 31st August | Hay Hill, Norwich
- 13th – 14th September | Fargate, Sheffield
- 20th – 21st September | Cabot Circus, Bristol
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog said:
“With Punk State being such a huge success last year, we really wanted to dial it up to 11 in 2019 with a bigger and better tour that not only spans the UK but key markets in Europe as well.”
“At BrewDog we always want to put our money where our mouth is and let the beer do the talking, this is why we’re bringing our flagship beer, Punk IPA, directly to the people so they can experience the craft beer revolution firsthand.”
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Investments should only be made on the basis of information in the prospectus available at www.brewdog.com/equityforpunks.The value of investments can go down as well as up and invested capital is at risk.