THE ‘HOPPIEST’ PLACE ON EARTH: BrewDog opens the doors to the world’s first beer hotel, located inside its Ohio brewery.
Independent craft brewer, BrewDog, is celebrating the opening of its hotly anticipated craft beer hotel, the DogHouse. Located at the site of its US brewery in Columbus, Ohio, the DogHouse is the world’s first hotel to offer guests a night’s stay inside a brewery. Guests will be able to watch the brewers at work from rooms overlooking the state-of-the-art brewing facility. The 32-room DogHouse will feature beer taps in each room and a built-in shower beer fridge amongst many other features that make for the ultimate immersive beer utopia.
- In addition to the ultimate craft beer escape, BrewDog USA has also unveiled its on-site, interactive beer museum.
- This 6,000 sq ft space provides a journey through the brewing process, a deep dive into the history of craft beer, and a hands-on experience of ‘the fundamental four’ ingredients that contribute to the creation of a craft beer.
- BrewDog first announced plans for the DogHouse in March 2017, with a crowdfunding campaign aimed at raising $75,000 over 30 days for its construction.
- The campaign launched to huge success, raising $160k in under a week from over 1,000 backers; an impressive $2,083 per hour.
- As a result of the unprecedented demand, BrewDog introduced a stretch goal of $200k, and went on to secure over $300k for the hotel, four times the original goal.
- Those who backed the campaign have had first access to room reservations, and more than 500 nights have already been pre-booked by the craft beer community.
- Now, bookings are open to the public.
- The DogHouse is an immersive craft beer experience with next-generation hotel features that begin at the door.
- The front desk has been replaced with a lobby bartender who will check guests in while they enjoy a complimentary beer.
- The DogHouse features 32 guest rooms, including a 645-square-foot Brewmaster suite and a 460-square-foot Punk suite.
- Located next to the main lobby, four of the rooms are dog-friendly with easy access to the hotel’s dog park.
- Each room features a fully stocked beer fridge boasting BrewDog’s headliner craft beers, seasonal brews and guest favourites hand-picked from co-founders James Watt and Martin Dickie, accompanied by an en-suite bathroom featuring a built-in shower beer fridge.
- In addition to the built-in beer fridges, the 32 rooms will boast beer taps via a personal keg bar that will be activated as soon as guests purchase a growler of their favourite BrewDog brew at any time during their stay.
- The DogHouse also boasts common areas for guests to relax in, including the hotel media room where beer fans can watch the Scottish brewer’s TV show, Brew Dogs, and enjoy a game of ping (or beer) pong, or savor the sites of the brewery from the extensive front patio.
- Proud of its Central Ohio beginnings, BrewDog USA supports and represents fellow Central Ohio businesses through The DogHouse.
- Guests can enjoy Stauf’s Coffee in the lobby, Rogue Fitness equipment in the hotel’s state-of-the-art fitness center, and a new line of hop-infused soaps and other personal products in their room, created by Glenn Avenue Soaps exclusively for BrewDog.
- In addition to the hotel, BrewDog is expanding its brewery to include an all-new, state-of-the-art sour beer facility set to open in late 2018.
- The brewery expansion will allow guests to wake up to a view of BrewDog’s sour beer foeders and the smell of freshly mashed malt.
- More details about the sour beer brewery will be released in the coming months, but it promises to expand BrewDog’s experimentation capabilities and its U.S. production capacity beyond the existing 100,000-square-foot brewery to create the top craft beer destination in the world.
- Reservations to BrewDog’s DogHouse hotel can be made at https://www.brewdog.com/usa/doghouse.
- Construction is currently underway for BrewDog’s second DogHouse hotel at the brewery’s headquarters in Ellon, Scotland.
- Scheduled to welcome guests in 2019, the hotel will be built on a 3.25-acre site adjacent to BrewDog’s current 1 million hl brewery.
- As well as a hotel construction, the site will see the expansion of BrewDog’s brewery to include a 300 hl brewhouse and a canning and packaging hall.
BrewDog co-founder James Watt commented:
“For many beer fans, the idea of a beer hotel was just a pipe-dream. A beer utopia that was never thought possible. Until now. Thanks to the backing of our global community of beer evangelists, we’ve been hard at work to make that dream a reality.
From welcome pints of Punk IPA and malt massages to brewery views and shower beers, this will be the world’s first and only fully-immersive craft beer experience from check in to check out.
The DogHouse is our gift to the passionate and dedicated army of beer fans that have supported us every step of the way. We are nothing without our community and this hotel celebrates that.”
BrewDog USA CEO Tanisha Robinson said:
“The DogHouse is truly a hotel like no other. With the help of our passionate community, we have created a must-visit destination for craft beer fans around the world.
We never shy away from ambitious tasks at BrewDog and the creation of the DogHouse is no exception. We have pushed the boundaries of what modern hospitality can be, and in doing so, have created an unrivalled beery experience. We hope this inspires brewers and hoteliers to continue innovating and expanding the possibilities of what can be done with beer.”