BrewDog Marks ‘The End of History’ as Ohio Repeals Bill 37
Limited edition, 55 percent ABV concoction, contained within taxidermy squirrels, to be made available exclusively for Equity for Punks USA investors
- Ohio House Bill 37 went into effect this week, removing the 12 percent ABV limit on beers both made and sold in the state where BrewDog is establishing its U.S. brewery later this year.
- BrewDog is celebrating this historic limit lift in its hallmark irreverent fashion by sharing the record-breaking brew as an exclusive perk to investors that pledge $20,000 or more to its unique Equity for Punks USA crowdfunding model.
- The name ‘The End of History’ derives from the famous work of philosopher Francis Fukuyama – implying that The End of History is to beer what democracy is to history.
- Only 12 bottles were originally produced in 2010, each coming with its own certificate and presented in a taxidermy squirrel. The bottles are at once beautiful and disturbing; disrupting conventions and breaking taboos about how beer can be packaged, just like the beer they hold within them.
- The impact of The End of History is a perfect conceptual marriage between art, taxidermy and craft brewing.
- The blond Belgian ale is infused with nettles from the Scottish Highlands and fresh juniper berries. To achieve The End of History’s record-breaking alcohol content, BrewDog’s brewers use an extreme freezing technique whereby the beer is kept at temperatures well below freezing to separate the water from the solution.
- Equity for Punks USA is a $50 million crowdfunding initiative, promoting community-fueled business and continuing BrewDog’s mission of shortening the distance between the people who make its beer, and the people who drink them.
- High-value investors will be part of an exclusive community of beer enthusiasts who will receive the latest batch of The End of History.
- Investors who commit $20,000 or more to the effort will have first access to a batch of BrewDog’s world-renowned and much sought-after statement release, along with a raft amount of other perks offered to all who claim a stake in the business.
- Those interested in owning a part of this unconventional brewery can put their money where their mouth is by investing in BrewDog’s USA business.
- Interested shareholders can visit www.brewdog.com/usa/equityforpunks to find out more, or head to www.equityforpunksusa.com to invest.
Cofounder James Watt commented:
“As we establish milestones of our own and celebrate historic moments in Ohio’s beer industry, it seemed natural to introduce ‘The End of History’ to America. Having raised more than $1 million in the first 72 hours of our Equity for Punks USA initiative, we can see beer enthusiasts are chomping at the bit to invest in our mission’s expansion into America. This release of The End of History marks a significant milestone for our homeland away from home, and invites investors to claim a piece of brewing history for themselves.”