BrewDog Waterloo Opens 18th August
Independent Scottish craft brewer BrewDog is pushing the boundaries with their upcoming 27,500 sq ft immersive craft beer destination in central London. For their largest ever bar, opening Thursday 18th August in the newly developed Waterloo Station, The Sidings. BrewDog are set to pull out all the stops.
- BrewDog Waterloo will be the biggest BrewDog location in the world, encompassing two floors of amazing craft beer, spirits, food, and entertainment in the centre of the city.
- The expansive bar and restaurant situated seconds from the busy rail platforms above, also features dedicated co-working spaces and pods, micro-brewery, a GRIND café, cocktail hideaway, duckpin bowling alleys, podcast studio, meeting rooms, not-for-profit floristry, and a retro ice-cream van with serves from the award-winning Hackney Gelato.
- The site will also feature Waterloo Podcast Project, a fully equipped podcast studio for those looking to record their existing audio adventures or launch a new podcast onto the airwaves. To celebrate this, BrewDog is giving away 100 free recording slots to podcast creators.
- This immersive BrewDog experience will also feature a cocktail hideaway with a secret entrance on which the brewer is proudly collaborating with legendary London mixologist Rich Woods, aka ‘The Cocktail Guy’.
- Rich is a multi award-winning bartender, writer and presenter and has been described as “the drink industry’s answer to Heston Blumenthal”. His unique creations are based on a peerless understanding and exploration of flavour.
- BrewDog Waterloo will be one of the first bars to open following the company’s ground-breaking ‘BrewDog Blueprint’ was published, as part of which it was announced 50% of the profits generated by each bar will be shared directly with the staff who crew them. Yet again BrewDog is raising the bar for hospitality and frontline staff.
- BrewDog Waterloo opens to the public on Thursday 18th August at 12pm. The first 200 people through the door will have a chance to win a pair of tickets to visit BrewDog Las Vegas, and those visiting on Friday 19th could win free beer for a year. The opening weekend will also hold a truly epic musical line-up of bands and DJ sets.
- BrewDog has officially opened bookings, simply click here to experience the new destination bar for yourself.
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, said:
“Our plans for BrewDog Waterloo are as exciting as the city it lies at the heart of. This is our new flagship bar for London so we are making it a true destination.
From enjoying a morning artisan coffee in our Grind café to stopping in for a post-work pint, you’ll be able to take your commute to the next level. Record your own podcast, explore our hidden cocktail bar, or stoke some competition with a game of duckpin bowling or ping-pong. BrewDog Waterloo has something for everyone, and we cannot wait to open our doors this August.”
Rich Woods, The Cocktail Guy, said:
“I'm very excited to be working with BrewDog and realising the potential of this unique London site. I’ve followed BrewDog’s rise over the years and find myself fortunate to now be working alongside them and I look forward to a long and stellar partnership.
Just like the venue itself, I will be taking inspiration from the classic speakeasy. The cocktail menu sees such classics as the New York Sour and Margarita, reimagined using modern techniques, to deliver both impactful and delicious drinks.”
About BrewDog plc
Since 2007 BrewDog has been on a mission to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as they are. From the Headliner series, which includes bold, uncompromising pack leaders like the flagship Punk IPA, to the Amplified range (beer, but turned up to 11), BrewDog brews beer that blows people’s minds and has kick-started a revolution.
Co-founders James Watt and Martin Dickie shook up the business world in 2010 with the launch of pioneering crowdfunding initiative Equity for Punks, with the latest round, Equity for Punks Tomorrow, closing in September 2021 having raised over £30m towards high-impact sustainable initiatives.
With over 100 bars across the globe, export into 60 countries, and breweries in Columbus Ohio, Berlin Germany and Brisbane Australia, BrewDog continues to take the craft beer revolution to the people, whilst continuing to push the boundaries, invest in their staff, put the beer first, and champion other small breweries in its venues.
For more information, please contact: