Vote Punk: BrewDog To Buy A Pint For Every Voter
100% of the statements on this bus are accurate: BrewDog parked up outside the Houses of Parliament to highlight their own campaign
[09/12/2019]: As people go to the polls across the country on Thursday, independent Scottish craft brewer BrewDog have announced the return of their ‘Vote Punk’ campaign. The brewer is pledging that every voter can have a pint on them, no matter who they vote for. Simply show a selfie taken outside a polling station in any UK BrewDog Bar on the 12th of December.
One vote, one pint.
- Vote Punk first appeared during the 2017 General Election, with thousands of pints of the brewer’s flagship Punk IPA given out to people who had cast their ballot on the day. Irrespective of which political party secured the vote, BrewDog toasted the democratic contribution and are set to do so again as this General Election takes place.
- To be rewarded in this way, voters are asked to take a snap of themselves outside their polling station, and then present the photo to a member of staff in any of BrewDog’s UK Bars.
- Voters can claim a pint from their UK BrewDog bar of choice, choosing between 4 different beers: Punk IPA, their flagship IPA, Punk AF, BrewDog’s new alcohol free IPA, Nanny State alcohol free hoppy ale, or Vagabond gluten free American pale ale.
- The offer will be running across the Election Day itself – Thursday December 12th – for those who voted in person; for voters who cast their ballot by post, simply show the postal registration confirmation email in any UK BrewDog Bar on the 12th to qualify.
- Since its inception, Vote Punk has gone global, with other elections marked in the same way in Germany and Japan. Since the day the 2019 UK General Election was announced, would-be voters have messaged BrewDog’s social media accounts asking if Vote Punk was returning.
- BrewDog has nearly 100 craft beer bars around the world, with the recently opened BrewDog Swansea giving the Scottish brewer 50 in the UK. This year the brewer has opened locations in Cambridge, St Andrews, Manchester, Inverurie, Carlisle, Peterhead and London.
For more information and to located a BrewDog Bar nearest to you, please visit: www.brewdog.com/uk/bars/
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, said:
‘We want to reward anyone voting in the General Election with a Punk IPA on us. Whatever your views, whatever your status, every vote was created equal. We’re not affiliated with any political party, we don’t care who you vote for but we would like to buy you a beer. Whatever is next for our country, drinking great craft beer might just get us through it’.
About BrewDog PLC
Since 2007 BrewDog has been on a mission to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. From the Headliner series, which includes bold, uncompromising pack leaders like the flagship Punk IPA, to the Amplified range (beer, but turned up to 11), BrewDog brews beer that blows people’s minds and has kick-started a revolution.
Cofounders James Watt and Martin Dickie shook up the business world in 2010 with the launch of pioneering crowdfunding initiative Equity for Punks, an initiative that has seen the company raise £74m over six rounds, with their latest round open until April 2020. The funds and the army of punk shareholders (125,000) has enabled the Scottish craft brewery to scale up without selling out.
With over 90 bars across the globe, export into 60 countries, and breweries in Columbus Ohio, Berlin Germany and Brisbane Australia, BrewDog continues to take the craft beer revolution stratospheric, whilst continuing to push the boundaries, invest in people, put the beer first, and champion other small breweries in its venues.
For more information, please contact: